Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Final Post

As I reached the end of the book I must say that it shocked me, but I was pleased with it. Throughout the entire beginning of the novel, I felt the book was boring and not much was happening. I like books with action, with conflicts from beginning to end and the first half of Sense of an Ending didn't intrigue me that much. However, things changed on the seconds half, both for me and in the book.

I was absolutely shocked when I found out that Adrian had had a ration ship with Satah, Veronica's mom. After this relationship was brought up,  my interest for the ending rose since I wanted to find out the causes and explanations for such an occurrence. It is revealed that Adrian sought out Sarah due to Webster's letter, even though he didn't mean it in that way, and later on had little Adrian which ended being Veronica's brother.

At the end I felt bad for Veronica for having to go through all this. I have seen real life circumstances with things like this happening and it is highly detrimental for the son/daughter who has the mother in such a relationship. At the end, I believe Barnes is trying to portray the message that point of views over the years do change since as Webster looks back to his kyung years and recasts the letter he wrote tonAdrian at the time, about dating Veronica, he realizes it was a spiteful and extreme letter, where at the time it was just seen as a normal letter to a friend. It is true though that point of views may be changed due to new rvations or evidence that ournbroughtbuo and change one's perspective of life, such as when Webster finds out Adrian had slept with Sarah, however, I do not believe Webster stand to blame for any of this. He wrote a reply letter to his best friend on the topic of dating his ex girlfriend, it was impossible to know that all the following evens were to happen.

I am glad ideas this book as it proved to me that life is unpredictable, and all our actions have the power to create multiple outcomes in other people's minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment