Wednesday, February 26, 2014

First Response

    Just by reading the first page of this book I could tell that it was completely different than any other book we've read so far this year. Even though this book takes place in England and in much early times than now I can still relate to these kids because they go through every day things that teenagers tend to go through. I immediately get the impression that these kids are very bright, and they strive to prove that and make themselves stand out once they meet Adrian, which becomes the new addition to the group. Even though Adrian seems to do things completely differently than the rest of the group, they seem to admire him and compete for Adrian's attention. The narrator, Tony, starts off the book by mentioning that he is getting to some great story that he wants to tell his readers about, and I'm instantly drawn to the plot. Im around page 60 as of now, and the story has been developing pretty slowly. Besides college and graduation there's nothing out of the normal going on; until Tony gets back from America and hears of Adrian's unexpected suicide. This obviously intrigues me since Adrian has always been the most clever of the group, I can't imagine why he would ever commit this act, even though he did leave behind some sort of an explanation. Im guessing this is where the plot truly begins to unfold, and I am interested to keep on reading. I honestly have no idea what this story will tell or what to even expect, but as of now I agree with Tony's mother. I do think that Adrian's intelligence had something to do with his actions and I know that Tony and his friends will get to the bottom of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment