Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Sense of An Ending

The novel took a big turn in the reading segment this past night. Instead of being solely based on the protagonist's childhood experience, it shows the progression of this character throughout his life. This reading segment kind of opened my eyes in the fact that it describes a situation that I will currently be in. Even though they were best friends all throughout high school and treated each other as brothers, the protagonist and his best friends all separate for college. They all start to merge off and do their own thing such as have girlfriends go to parties etc. When they all get back in town they plan on meeting up however, they learn that it is a lot more difficult than it seems. This kind of discouraged me when i was reading the novel because pretty soon I will be in this situation in a couple months when I go to college. A lot of my good friends (that I have been "brothers" with since elementary school) will be attending different colleges than I will. Hopefully we will be much closer than these characters will. An interesting aspect however was that the protagonist describes how he never knows what is really going on with his friends because in reality, they are probably stretching the truth to make their college experience appear better.

No comments:

Post a Comment