Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday

At first, I thought that this book was ok, at best. Now, I know that I really don’t like this book. It’s almost hard to describe exactly how I feel and why I feel about it. The only way that I can put it is that this book makes me uncomfortable. Everyone is so dull and boring, and it’s depressing. This guy’s life is just so unexciting and boring. His girlfriend was an absolute bitch and had the personality of a paper cup. It’s depressing to me that he spent an unbelievable two years in this relationship! I can’t imagine being with anybody so boring and rude. The trip to visit her parents was odd to say the least. Her family is so awkward, and like her, so boring. Just reading this part of the book made me feel uncomfortable. It’s relatable in that I’m sure we’ve all been in awkward situations like this, meeting people for the first time who just are not welcoming at all. I could feel my own body tensing up as I read this part. I am guessing that something is going to happen later in the book with Veronica’s mother. It can’t just be a random incident that she told him not to let “[Veronica] get away with anything” and then send him a letter wishing him better luck. I think she was saying that Veronica is an incredibly controlling, unexciting, woman that isn’t going to bring him any happiness, and he is better off trying to find someone else. I thought it was strange that Veronica and Adrian started dating, because I thought Adrian was enough of a dialectical thinker to see how horrible Veronica is, but it could be that she was just like that with Troy. Overall, I don’t really like anybody in this book, and I want it to end, now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment