Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sense of an Ending First Post

My first impression of the book was that it was much easier to read than Dostoyevsky’s Notes From the Underground. The story is not told from the author’s point of view, but is a work of fiction telling us a story about real characters that endure real conflicts within the story.
            I have already been able to understand the views and personalities of the characters, such as Adrian, Colin, Webster, and Alex. From the beginning I could already tell that Adrian was the brightest kid in the group. I wasn’t sure however, whether or not the new kids, such as Webster, Colin, and Alex were going to be fond of his intelligence or jealous of it and treat him badly. Luckily, they accept him as he is and integrate him within their group quickly.
            I though it was extremely interesting how once everybody goes to college, and of course Adrian gets scholarship to Cambridge, all the fried start writing letters to Adrian more than to the others, even though they were friends for a much longer time. That is something I wonder if it will happen to the entire senior class and me once we move our separate ways into different colleges. Hopefully I will be able to keep in contact with everyone of my friends equally, and y friends will keep in contact with me however, I do agree it may be possible that some people do lose connection while others make that connection stronger.
            In the case of the book, however, I was trying to deduce the reason behind the sudden stronger interest in Adrian, where in high school they weren’t that interested in him. I believe it may be involved with the fact that now they actually see Adrian intelligence as an advantage to them. In keeping in contact with Adrian, they can maybe be part of the successes Adrian will definitely accomplish in the future. Maybe be part of a future business, or be invited to elite events o society, who knows? But everyone agrees that it is important to have contacts in society, especially elite and powerful ones.

            I am eager to read more and find out the outcome of their relationships in college and after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment